Hot Shots is a team game where each student will have their own basketball. There will be round circles placed all over the basketball court and each circle has a different point value written on it. The students are free to go any where and shoot at any of the round circles. If they make the shot the student will pick up the round circle and turn it in for their team. The team with the most points at the end wins.
Racquetball is a game that follows the rules of kickball or matball but instead of kicking a ball you must use a racket (implement) to strike/hit the ball. Everyone will bat/hit one time each round and the team with the most runs will win. You can only get people out by catching the ball they hit before it hits the ground or by hitting them with the ball before they reach a base.
Kindergarten & 1st Grade
1. Balance and use locomotor skills
2. Throw an object in a variety of ways and with different force
2nd through 5th Grade
1. Use locomotor skills, follow boundaries, and understand spacing in a game
2. Strike an object with an implement using the critical elements in a game like situation
3. Catch an object using the critical elements