Last year we provided around 280 meals to local families and Senior Citizens in our community. This was made possible through donations from our staff, students, local organizations and businesses. Let’s strive to meet or exceed 280 meals this year.
Thanksgiving meal boxes include:
- 6 oz Stuffing Mix (Any brand)
(1) 10.5 oz Canned Gravy or Gravy Packets
(1) 1.56 oz Pre-sweetened Powder Drink Mix
(4) 15 oz Canned Vegetables (Corn or Green Beans)
(2) 15 oz Canned Fruit or Fruit Cocktail (Can substitute a jar of Applesauce for a can of fruit)
(2) 4 oz Instant Mashed Potatoes
(1) 14 oz Cranberry Sauce
(1) 15 oz Canned Pie Filling or Large box of Pudding Mix
(1) 9” Ready Made Graham Cracker Pie Crust (Non-refrigerated.)
We will start accepting donations Tuesday, October 9th. All donations must be turned in by Monday, November 12th. All donations can be dropped off at VCMS.
Any items above are appreciated or you can sponsor a meal box for $25. We will do the shopping for you.
Make checks payable to Vinton County Middle School. (Write Thanksgiving Meals in the memo)
Please contact Melissa Hammond (VCMS-740.596.5243) if you have any questions.