VINTON COUNTY LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Rick Brooks, Superintendent
307 West High Street
McArthur, OH 45651
Telephone: (740) 596-5218
Fax: (740) 596-3142
November 25, 2020
Dear Vinton County School District Family,
We are very pleased that students remain in school and learning. We sincerely appreciate all efforts to follow district procedures to maintain staff and student health.
We want you to be informed about COVID-19 cases without violating the privacy rights of students and employees. This letter is to let you know that a staff member at Central Elementary and a student at Vinton County High School have tested positive for COVID-19 and are quarantining at home. We have been in communication with our local Health Department, and we are following all Health Department recommendations. The Health Department is engaging in contact tracing, and any student or staff member who is required to quarantine will be notified by the Health Department.
Please be assured our district is cleaning and sanitizing our buildings per Health Department guidelines.
We expect to have staff and students who will self-quarantine at various times as required or as a precaution due to being in close contact or around a person who has tested positive. This will likely occur regularly as we work through the next several weeks and months. We will be posting regularly on the district website information about COVID-19 numbers of staff and students.
You can help us by following mask and social distancing requirements. Research has shown that our best defense against viruses is avoiding transmission. Physical or social distancing, wearing a face covering, and practicing good hygiene, when layered together, provide a defense against the virus.
Please remind children of the following important health habits:
- Wear a mask when in public and at school. Masks are required on school buses and in school buildings.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Use an elbow if no tissue is available.
- Do not share personal items – pens, pencils, cell phones, electronic devices, laptops, water bottles, drinks, food, or unwashed utensils.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If your child has had close contact with a person with COVID-19, keep your child at home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth whenever possible.
- Abide by the district’s physical distancing procedures.
If your child is experiencing signs/symptoms listed below, please keep your child at home and contact your health care provider. We appreciate your efforts to help us keep staff, students, parents, and our community healthy.
Vinton County Local Schools
- Fever or chills
- Sore Throat
- A cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches