Vinton County Local Schools Home
Striving for Excellence in Education
307 West High Street | McArthur OH 45651
VCMS Fall Sports
VCMS Winter Sports
2019-2020 Buckeye Hills Calendar
High School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
Central Elementary Calendar
South Elementary Calendar
West Elementary Calendar
Board of Education
2019-2020 Suggested School Supply Lists
ProgressBook Parent Access
Vinton County Resource Guide
District News & Updates
Jonathon Vanover Recently recognized for 100 Wrestling Wins!
Jonathon Vanover Recently recognized for 100 Wrestling Wins! Congratulations on this fantastic accomplishment!
“21” was the number of the night!! #21 Junior Morgan Bentley scored 21 points in Thursday's win against Athens to join the 1000 point club!! Congratulations
VCHS Boys Basketball @ River Valley **RESCHEDULED**
The VCHS Boys Basketball game @ River Valley originally scheduled for Friday, January 24th, 2020 has been RESCHEDULED for Saturday, February 1, 2020. Freshman tip-off will be at 5PM.
February Lunch Menus are available online
February Breakfast and Lunch Menus are available online and can be found via the quick links menu on our district website or via the following link.
. Remember, Breakfast and Lunch are FREE to ALL students. Menus are subject to change without notice.
Senior Rylee Fee signs to Run Cross Country and Track at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Senior Rylee Fee signed her letter of intent to run college cross country and track at the University of Illinois at Chicago on Friday, January 17th, 2020. This is a Division I school,
which participates in the Horizon League. Youngstown State, Cleveland State, and Wright State are just some of the schools who are members of this conference. Rylee has been a 4 year member of the Cross Country and Track Teams at VCHS. Her accomplishments are listed below and include the first female runner in school history to qualify for the State Cross Country Meet (3 year qualifier) and a member of the first Cross Country Team in School History to qualify to the State Cross Country Meet as a Team.
Cross Country - 2017-2019
- All-TVC - 2nd Place; All-District - 6th Place
- All-TVC - 2nd Place; All-District - 7th Place, State Qualifier - 102nd Place
- All-TVC - 1st Place, TVC Runner of the Year; All-District - 2nd Place - Southeast Drictrict Co-Runner of the Year; State Qualifier 50th Place
- All-TVC - 1st Place, TVC Runner of the Year; All-District - 2nd Place - Southeast Drictrict Co-Runner of the Year; State Qualifier 56th Place
Track and Field 2017-2020
- All-TVC 1st Place - 3200 meter run; Regional Qualifier - 3200 meter run - 6th Place; State Indoor Qualifier - 3200 meter run 24th Place
- All-TVC 1st Place - 3200 meter run; Regional Qualifier - 3200 meter run - 8th Place; State Indoor Qualifier - 3200 meter run 20th Place
Deborah Webb receives CORAS Support Staff Award
Deborah Webb received a Support Staff Award at the Coalition of Rural & Applachian Schools (CORAS) meeting on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Deborah has dedicated 48 years of service to the VCLSD as Secretary to the Superintendent. Congratulations, and Thank You!
Pictured from right to left are Rick Brooks, VCLSD Superintendent; Dean Renee Middleton, Ohio University; Deborah Webb, District Office Superintendent's Secretary; Paolo DeMaria, State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
VCMS Robotics Team qualifies for State Tournament
- On January 11th, 2020 the Viking Robotics team competed at the First Lego League District Tournament in Newark, Ohio. The first Lego League program is based on using Gracious Professionalism which is defined as strong competition, but mutual respect and appreciation of your opponents. It is broken into four parts (the Robotics game, Robotics Design, Core Values, and Community Project) each worth 25% of a team’s score. I am proud to say that we qualified for The OHIO State Competition held at Wright State University (February 1st and 2nd) and we also won the Motivation Award for the team showing the most leadership and team spirit throughout the tournament. The team scored highly in all aspects as well as posting our Team Best 355 points in the robotics competition. They are extremely excited to represent Vinton County at the state tournament which will consist of the 60 best teams in Ohio.
VCHS 2nd Nine Week Honors
Click More + to see a full list of the VCHS 2nd Nine Week Honor Students.
VCMS 2nd Nine Week Honors
Click More + to see a full list of the VCMS 2nd Nine Week Honor Students.
School Board Recognition Month
Like us on Facebook!
We will provide diverse learners an academic and social roadmap to success.
We envision the Vinton County Local School District as having a united staff providing a comprehensive and meaningful education for all students.
VCHS Bowling vs. Zane Trace
Wed Jan 29 2020
VCMS Boys Basketball @ Jackson
Wed Jan 29 2020
VCHS Girls Basketball @ Nelsonville
Thu Jan 30 2020
VCMS 8th Grade Girls Basketball @ Nelsonville York
Thu Jan 30 2020
VCMS Boys Basketball home vs. Nelsonville
Thu Jan 30 2020
Vinton County Courier
View text-based website